Drilled Rotors And Non Drilled

I changed my front rotors from stock to cross-drilled and slotted last spring. I also put on Axxis brake pads. I am very satisfied with the performance because the braking is excellent and there is a lot less wear on the pads. It has been a little over a year and I still have 50% of the pads left.

The only thing you have to look at when getting cross-drilled rotors is that they have to be drilled correctly. When they drill them they have to shampher the edge and smooth it out to make sure the holes are drilled properly.

Some cheap manufacturers will just drill the rotors and not clean them up later.

If you decide to get the rotors, get them zinc plated too. It is only $10 more for each rotor but they dont get that rusty look after it rains.

can you tell me where you got yours? and how much were they cause i saw a pair of ebay for like 170 for all four does that sound right? i dont want something really crazy..thanks bro

$170 for all four rotors sounds a little cheap, but maybe the prices dropped.

When I was buying mine, I figured around $60 per rotor and $40-$50 for pads.

I got mine on Ebay. They were Bradi rotors and Axxis Pads. I paid about $180 for the total package for the front (2 rotors and pads).

You shouldn't spend more than $200 on a package deal on Ebay.

(FYI) If I recall correctly there were pretty good deals on ebay for the total package of 4 rotors and pads for like $350. ( Bradi or Brembo rotors with Axxis Pads)

I can't find the receipt from the purchase and I dont remember the seller. I believe I found the seller on ebay, but I bought the parts directly from the website.

Sorry I cant be of help.

If I come across the info. I will let you know.

nah its ok dont worry bout it bro i found a guy on ebay so its cool..i got a question bout the 20'in rims..how is the drive with them? did you have to make the car litte higher or no? i want 19's so would i have to lower the car or no would it look fine? thanks bro

the 20'in rims..how is the drive with them? did you have to make the car litte higher or no? i want 19's so would i have to lower the car or no would it look fine? thanks bro

20s ride harsher than 18s which is harsher than 16s. ;)

As for lowering, it is up to you. Personally, I think once you plus size to 18s, you already need some lowering.

20s ride harsher than 18s which is harsher than 16s. ;)

As for lowering, it is up to you. Personally, I think once you plus size to 18s, you already need some lowering.

lol no im talking bout 19's..what do you think bro?

lol no im talking bout 19's..what do you think bro?

With 19s, you actually have a choice. The typical tire sizing for 20s causes the diameter to be about 1" larger than the OEM spec. Although some new tire sizes are becoming available, this 20s sizing had to do with 2 things: tire availability (or lack thereof) to keep 20s within spec and ride quality. To run 30 (or 30/25 for staggered) series tires will make the ride pretty bad. Bacause of this, the typical size for 20s is 35 (or 35/30 for staggered) series.

Anyway, for 19s, to keep the wheels within OEM spec, you will run 35 (or 35/30 for staggered) series tires. This size will make your ride the same as 20s, except that the overall diameter is within spec.

You can also choose to run 40 (or 40/35 for staggered) series tires. This size will make the diameter 1" larger than spec. The bad thing about this size is that you will have all the intermittent rubbing issues like 20s. It is nothing that some driving changes can't fix. All 20s owners have to put up with this but you know that this diameter has been done. The good thing is that you are running tires that are like 18s which rides better than 20s. Obviously, more rubber = better cushioning.

You'll have to choose what aspects are more important and go with the size that is appropriate.

With 20's you definitely lose the comfort in the ride. Its a lot more bumpy and very sensitive to holes.

I have 20's with a Eibach lowering springs. 2" drop. They dont rub or scrape at all. My tire size is 255/35/20.

If you want to look good with nice wheels, you gatta lower the car to eliminate the wheel gaps.

My advice to you is get 19's with 40 profile tires (first find out if they will fit). 35 is just not enough rubber to drive around the roads in jersey (for me). Too many holes. This is my second set of tires on these rims. If the tire didnt pop it got a bubble or something else. I always had issues.