Transmission And Steering Fluids

Rachana

Dear members,

I imported RX 300 made in 2000 from the USA last year. It came without manual. I have done about 45000 miles. I found out that the transmission oil is low. I want to refill to the required level or may be change new fluid.

Unfortunately i could not find transmission T-IV as recommended for RX 300 in Cambodia. Is there any other fluid that can be substituted?

The steering fluid is not available either in Cambodia. Please tell me what sort of fluid that i can use?

Your help and suggestion could be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Rachana

Dear members,

I imported  RX 300 made in 2000 from the USA last year. It came without manual. I have done about 45000 miles. I found out that  the transmission oil is low. I want to refill to the required level or may be change new fluid.

Unfortunately  i could not find transmission  T-IV as recommended for RX 300 in Cambodia. Is there any other fluid that can be substituted?

The steering fluid is not available either in Cambodia. Please tell me what sort of fluid that i can use?

Your help and suggestion could be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Rachana

The only other tranny fluid I know of that is compatable with Toyota Type IV fluid is Amsoil Synthetic ATF (good with Toyota type IV & Dexron III fluids). As far as I know.......the power steering fluid takes Tranny fluid too! ;) Try E-bay or something to search for an RX owners manual online. Here is a link to the Amsoil info. Good Luck! B)

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx Tranny fluid info.

http://www.amsoil.com/dealerinfo2.aspx Contact information to ask Amsoil where you can find a dealer near you. E-mail them & ask. Hope this helps! B)

:cheers:

Do you have friends or family in the U.S. who could purchase and ship a supply of T-IV fluid to you?

You should also contact Toyota Customer Service, explain your situation, and ask them to assist you. If Toyota has existing trade relations with Cambodia, they may be willing to provide you with the proper contact information.

Do you have friends or family in the U.S. who could purchase and ship a supply of T-IV fluid to you?

You should also contact Toyota Customer Service, explain your situation, and ask them to assist you.  If Toyota has existing trade relations with Cambodia, they may be willing to provide you with the proper contact information.

Also not a bad idea. B)

:cheers: