No Bass With Nakamichi

alpha1847

I recently purchased an RX300 with the premium Nakamichi stereo. Even after turning up the bass to the max, there is very little. For a 230 watt stereo system, I find this confusing. I feel incredibly dumb for asking this, but can anyone explain where the 7th speaker (presumably a subwoofer) is located? I can't find that damn thing everywhere. My hunch is that it is not functioning properly.

Thanks

it should be located right below the passenger seat but it's a tiny sub (like 4") or something like that...bass is a joke on the stock nak system...

I recently purchased an RX300 with the premium Nakamichi stereo.  Even after turning up the bass to the max, there is very little.  For a 230 watt stereo system, I find this confusing.  I feel incredibly dumb for asking this, but can anyone explain where the 7th speaker (presumably a subwoofer) is located?  I can't find that damn thing everywhere.  My hunch is that it is not functioning properly.

Thanks

If the audio system has ever been "worked on" it's possible that the speakers are mistakenly wired out of phase. That would cancel out any bass on any system, no matter how high you cranked it up.