Ls400 1994 Or The Ls400 1995

akewlguy

Well I am narrowing my search from the ES to the wonderful LS400.. Now my price range is from 6 - 12k and I see so many available.

I know the issues that come up with the 93/94's and some say "less chance of problem for 95 - ..." Well for sure these cars are at least 2 years older, 50k miles higher and $4k less so no big deal to me.. Rather have the cash..

Now on another message board some people state "Get the post 95 problems worked out". This may be so, but the differences are minor. I see the new is a few inches wider and 10 more horse, but overall really no major changes.. :cheers:

I was curioius if there was more then meets the eye's? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Great news this week I am going for my first test drive in the LS400.. YEAH!!

The biggest difference I noticed between the two generations was the ride character. The '95+ is much more controlled and less wallowing to me. Also, the seats are noticealby less springy...some don't mind, some do. The gauges in the 95+ are not likely to give you trouble like the first gen. However, many of the same mechanical "glitches" are the same from gen to gen like-p/s problems, suspension(ball joints, control arms, stablizer, etc.), lcds(climate on 90-94 and stereo on 95-00), steering racks, a/c(mostly 90-94), etc. With $12k, I'd be looking at a nice 95-96 with 90k-110k miles. ;) Good luck!