Rear Deck Speaker Question.

How Do you remove the rear speaker (stock subwoofer) from the rear deck lid from a 2000 GS400? I just built a custom box with two 12" Rockford HX2's to fit the little area in the back of the trunk. The only problem is that the box is 15" tall; the height by that little space is only 13.25" because of the stock speaker hanging down - it must be removed; I will get another 3" of clearance. Please help!!!

Thanks,

Nick

How Do you remove the rear speaker (stock subwoofer) from the rear deck lid from a 2000 GS400?  I just built a custom box with two 12" Rockford HX2's to fit the little area in the back of the trunk.  The only problem is that the box is 15" tall; the height by that little space is only 13.25" because of the stock speaker hanging down - it must be removed; I will get another 3" of clearance.  Please help!!!

Thanks,

Nick

case you didnt know, If your using a seperate amp just for your sub and your using your stock radio you dont need to run rca's from the radio back to the trunk, you can buy an adaptor that runs from your sub wires when you remove your sub speaker to your amp. I found this out the hard way after I ran rca's all the way from the radio. Duh! :cheers:

seat comes out with no bolts? never woulda thunk it.

GS430X6- where did you see the adapter? I have never heard of this before. Is this a hot melt/solder type? Wonder if this will hurt the new amp? This is an amplified signal...curious

seat comes out with no bolts?  never woulda thunk it.

GS430X6- where did you see the adapter?  I have never heard of this before.  Is this a hot melt/solder type?  Wonder if this will hurt the new amp?  This is an amplified signal...curious

It's called a LINE LEVEL ADAPTER, they've been around for about 30 years. :lol: