91 Ls Subwoofer Bracket

Hawkman

I had an aftermarket stereo installed and the place took out the old subwoofer and threw it away since it was trashed. I now want to put another sub in it's place, but now I'm reading I need the bracket off the original sub. I am currently using a sealed 12" sub in the trunk and want to free up the space.

Will a sub from a 1993 SC300 work? I see one on Ebay, but am wondering if the bracket is different. I would imagine so, but one would never know, right?

Appreciate the help! :cheers:

I had an aftermarket stereo installed and the place took out the old subwoofer and threw it away since it was trashed.  I now want to put another sub in it's place, but now I'm reading I need the bracket off the original sub.  I am currently using a sealed 12" sub in the trunk and want to free up the space. 

Will a sub from a 1993 SC300 work?  I see one on Ebay, but am wondering if the bracket is different.  I would imagine so, but one would never know, right? 

Any number of aftermarket subs will fit in the hole, you just have to fasten it down so it won't rattle. It's hard to get a drill motor back there under the window, but if you mark screw holes on top, and estimate/interpolate and drill from underneath, its doable.

Are u looking for an original or afermarket. I have 1990 and i just removed my subwoofer and i dont plan on using anymore or placing another sub in that location. I am willing to give it to you if u pay for shipping to your home. Contact me via email if your interested. joekilla3@hotmail.com

Are u looking for an original or afermarket. I have 1990 and i just removed my subwoofer and i dont plan on using anymore or placing another sub in that location. I am willing to give it to you if u pay for shipping to your home. Contact me via email if your interested. joekilla3@hotmail.com

I'm looking for an OEM sub, if that's what you have. My original is trash, and the aftermarket doesn't work as well as factory, since it's made to handle over 100W. If hawkman doesn't want it, or only needs the bracket, I'll take it! I'll email you offlist also.

John

I had an aftermarket stereo installed and the place took out the old subwoofer and threw it away since it was trashed.  I now want to put another sub in it's place, but now I'm reading I need the bracket off the original sub.  I am currently using a sealed 12" sub in the trunk and want to free up the space. 

Will a sub from a 1993 SC300 work?  I see one on Ebay, but am wondering if the bracket is different.  I would imagine so, but one would never know, right? 

I think I have the old sub out of my '90 LS in the garage back home. I could cut the bracket off for you if you tell me where to cut. Shipping would be cheaper without the magnet, and I'd hate to see you cut up a good sub.

John