Mp3 On Dvd/cd Player?

Sorry no.  Plus it is a CD.  The only OEM DVD reader on board is the one for the Nav (if yours come with Nav).

If you mean the unit that plays the Nav DVD, no that's not correct. The Nav DVD player is separate from the CD/DVD changer. The Nav player is in the glove compartment. The 6 disc changer plays both CDs and DVDs.

I will test later tonight if the changer plays MP3s.

I just purchased the new GS300.  Does anyone know if the cd/dvd player will play mp3s recorded on a cd?  Before I burn a bunch of my songs into mp3 format, I wanted to know if this would work.

Jim

Just tried playing some MP3 CDs, no luck. It doesn't play them. The unit can play Cds, DVDs and VCDs but not MP3. Doesn't make sense.

Sorry no.  Plus it is a CD.  The only OEM DVD reader on board is the one for the Nav (if yours come with Nav).

If you mean the unit that plays the Nav DVD, no that's not correct. The Nav DVD player is separate from the CD/DVD changer. The Nav player is in the glove compartment. The 6 disc changer plays both CDs and DVDs.

Thanks. I did not realize the changer in the newer GS also plays DVDs. All their literature talks about a 6-disc CD changer.

I am not surprised by the lack of MP3 support though.