Air Conditioning Help

Book says that when this happens the compressor is not working. Is this a hard fix??? Can it be re-built? What are the clutches that would be replaced at the same time? Its for a 94 LS with only 28,200 miles on it.

I just had a mobile detail person clean the engine compartment the day b 4 the light started blinking--could something have gotten wet that would cause this????

I am not a mechanic but I have done some repairs so I am hoping maybe someone can kind of guide me thru this.

Thanx,

Steve

• 3 months later...
Book says that when this happens the compressor is not working.  Is this a hard fix???  Can it be re-built?  What are the clutches that would be replaced at the same time?  Its for a 94 LS with only 28,200 miles on it.

I just had a mobile detail person clean the engine compartment the day b 4 the light started blinking--could something have gotten wet that would cause this????

I am not a mechanic but I have done some repairs so I am hoping maybe someone can kind of guide me thru this.

Thanx,

Steve

Hi Steve, First you need to determine if the compressor is working. Turn the ac on Max and make sure the compressor is turning. If you are not sure, turn the A/C off and get a look at it, Then turn it on and see if the middle part is turning.

This could be as simple a low refrigerant level, or as serious as compressor failure. One step at a time.

First you need to figure out if the compressor is engaging. Let me know what you find and I will try and guide you throught the rest. Good Luck! J