Custom Rims 18" And Bigger On Rx400h?

stiksandstones

Do not like the stock rims, they look small on the car. BUT, we are very afraid to put different wheels on this type of car. As I can assume the car was completely tested and designed around the 235-55-18 tire (i think). Does anyone have any comments on changing the stock wheels to a 19 or 20" on the Hybrid 400?

Try keep the overall diameter the same, similiar offset, and make sure you have clearance for wider tires so you don't rub. BTW, even if you keep the stock tire, overall diameter will change as tire tread wears down from 10/32 or 11/32 to the legal minimum of 2/32 inches.

imo go with 22's...they'll fill up the wheel well nicely...

22's would surely look great, as the lexus has huge wheel wells. But I am very afraid to mess with the dynamics of the car. The fact that the braking, etc...is an integral part of the hybrid car I am afraid to try anything-and I wonder if it will void any warranties. I assume there was no testing on a hybrid lexus with 20's or 22's!! haha Sure wish there was a lexus engineer on this forum that could tell us yes or no on changing the wheels.

Driving this 400h sure is different, the electric portion is not on as much as I expected, meaning the gas motor drives the car more than I expected. you have to GENTLY touch gas pedal for it to drive solely on elec power.

I DL some wheels I would like, some 20's and photoshopped them in on our savannah 400h....looks awesome, but still I am afraid to change wheels.

post-17287-1114193996_thumb.jpg