Chrome Wheels For 2004 Gs 300

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I have a 2004 GS 300 with 16"alloy wheels that I would like to switch out from chrome wheels. I have been told that I can put 16" or 17" chrome wheels on the car without lowering or modifying the car. What are the advantages or disadvantages of switching from 16" to 17" chrome wheels. Also, what does the dealer charge for chrome wheels ? Should I purchase them elsewhere ??

Does anyone have any advice or a local contact ? I have attached a picture of a wheel I like.

Thanks,

Brad

post-17282-1113868430_thumb.jpg

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I have a 2004 GS 300 with 16"alloy wheels that I would like to switch out from chrome wheels. I have been told that I can put 16" or 17" chrome wheels on the car without lowering or modifying the car. What are the advantages or disadvantages of switching from 16" to 17" chrome wheels. Also, what does the dealer charge for chrome wheels ? Should I purchase them elsewhere ??

Does anyone have any advice or a local contact ? I have attached a picture of a wheel I like.

Thanks,

Brad

TRY THIS "WWW.CAPITALWHEELS.COM" <_<

GOODLUCK!

Lowering a car is a personal choice. You can lower with 16s or 17s or bigger if you like. Since the car comes with either 16s or 17s, it won't look too out of place if you do not lower.

With 17s, you will have less rubber sidewall. You will more than likely gain a bit in handling but will lose that soft cushy ride of the 16s.

Chrome wheels also tend to be heavier and some say that the rims are weaker due to the chroming process. Being heavier, you may notice a change in acceleration and/or ease of steering. Chrome will also eventually peel in average wheels.

Here is some advice.

I have a 1998 GS300 with 20" wheels. I also have Eibach lowering springs on it.

There is not that much difference between the stock 16's and 20's however, the car is a little but stiffer and more sensitive to bumps.

The best thing I would receommend for you is put on 18's and lowering springs on your GS, that way you don't lose the ride quality and you will look great with the 18's and minimal wheel gaps.

post-5207-1114116624_thumb.jpg