Parts Source

chrisnisbet

Hi

(1995 LS400)

I'm in New Zealand and would like to hear from anyone that knows of a reputable parts supplier for my car.

The local dealerships are just a complete rip off.

e.g.

1) car mats $1900

2) battery tray $275

These prices are outrageous.

I have seen the standard catalogues on the net, but would like to hear from a 'real' supplier, possibly in N.Z. or Aus. that won't completely rip me off.

Also, is there an online part number source for the Lexus on the web?

Hi

(1995 LS400)

I'm in New Zealand and would like to hear from anyone that knows of a reputable parts supplier for my car.

Did you try the LOC (Lexus owners club) australia first? The link is near the top of this page.

When I need part numbers, I call the dealer for a "quote", you know? Ask for part number, price and availability ( is it in stock, how long til delivery, etc.)

John

Hi

(1995 LS400)

Did you try the LOC (Lexus owners club) australia first? The link is near the top of this page.

When I need part numbers, I call the dealer for a "quote", you know? Ask for part number, price and availability ( is it in stock, how long til delivery, etc.)

John

No I haven't, but I will now.

I've had a quick peek, and that forum doesn't look to be as popular as this one.

Thanks

Hi

(1995 LS400)

John

No I haven't, but I will now.

I've had a quick peek, and that forum doesn't look to be as popular as this one.

Thanks

It really depends on what you need. For basic maintenance items like brakes, rotors, timing belts, etc., Ebay has worked for me. Some suppliers may not ship overseas.

Search the forum for the part you need, say " ball joint". Follow the threads, and you may see a link to a recommended supplier. Then visit the suppliers site and see if they ship to NZ. If you know somebody Stateside, maybe they can relay the parts for you. If you don't know anybody over here, use this forum to find a volunteer. I would be glad to help, as, I'm sure many others would. I've saved hundreds of dollars by browsing this forum in my spare time.

John

Thanks again.

When I get a bit more time, I'll take a look around.

The battery tray is one part I would like to get at some stage.

I will not be paying the $275 the local dealer wants though!

Find the part number, then try "www.lexus-parts.com".

Sewell is a lexus dealership in Texas that also runs a body shop. I think they can get most anything, although not the cheapest on standard items.

John