Tie Rod Ends?

majkmil

Hi guys, I have been chasing noise (clunking over bumps) for some time now. I have replaced front struts and mounts and the ride is better but the noise is still there. Everyone seems to suspect strutrod cushions, but I think it might be tie rod ends and maybe ball joints. When I inspected the tie rod ends I cuould easily move the joint back and forth and I could make it make a knocking sound. Also the right tie rod end rubber boot is sepersted a little and grease is escaping. What do you think? Seems like an easy fix. I dont really know how to tell if my strutbar cushions are bad but I looked at he rubber really good and it seems to be in good condition. I have read on the sites that tie rod ends and ball joints can really effect the ride. Parts are only about $250 for both sides. Appreciate ant comments. Thanks Mark

definitely change the inner tie rods if you can jiggle the tire, while your at it just change your tie rod ends too along with ball joints, and sway bar bushing.

Sorry I wasnt clear It's the tie rob end where it attaches to the ball joint, I can rotate the tie rod easily with my hand and the boot has come away from where it meets the ball joint. I think ii'm getting a clunk here.