Rx300 Main Seal Help

eric618

Hey guys,

My 99 RX300 has had a leaking mainseal ever since I changed to synthetic. I've since switched back to conventional, but the leak remains.

I've read alot of good things regarding auto-rx and it's ability to bring life back to leaky seals. Anyone have any information or real first-hand info that may help me out? I certainly cannot afford to have it fixed the right way at this point, but I'd really like to curb the leaking.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance! :)

Lexus service managers acknowledge that their original RX300 rear main seals were poorly designed and significantly inferior. Many of us have had them replaced by Lexus with the new-and-improved design through their owner goodwill policy at no charge to us (our vehicle had more than 72,000 miles on the odometer at the time our leak developed). Some dealerships are much more customer-friendly than others in this regard.

You have nothing to lose by approaching your local Lexus general manager or service manager and asking for this repair under the goodwill gesture. I strongly recommend that you do so - just be polite and professional and let it be known that you're well-aware that this is a very common fault within the RX300. Good luck to you.