99ls Radio Display Broken

91ls400

A relative of mine has a 99 LS and the radio display has over the last few years become completely unreadable. The display is completely shot, you can only see stuff on the left side. I just replaced the LCD on my 91 LS for the clock, is there a similar repair option for the radio display? Is there any other repair for it other than the dealer replacement? The radio is the standard pioneer head unit, I have attached a picture (sorry it's a bit fuzzy).

post-4100-1112467606_thumb.jpg

I had Mikado repair mine in my '95. They did it for $150(shipping extra) which included the replacement of the LCD and all new backlighting. Here's their contact info(I dealt with Sammy):

Mikado Technology Company

1435 Huntington Avenue, Suite C

South San Francisco

CA 94080

1-888-964-5236

I just got a response from Mikado, they are willing to send a kit to repair the LCD. Has anyone done the radio LCD repair? I was able to do the repair on my 91 clock myself. How much more difficult is it to do the radio? I would imagine there are more pins....