Drop-in Speakers For Pioneer Rear 4" Units?

Sluggo

One of the stock rear deck 4" speakers has failed on my 92 SC4. When I took the speaker out, I noticed 4 holes conveniently place for what looks like 6.5" speaker mounts, but I'm not sure if center hole is big enough to mount a larger speaker.

Has anyone upgraded their rear stereo pair with NO cutting/drilling? Or should I just replace the 4" unit with another 4-incher?

Thanks =)

I noticed that when I pulled my speakers out. I assumed that the 6.5 space was for the base stereo (stereo without the rear sub).

I was contemplating upgrading to the 6.5, but didn't want to ruin the rear deck. My guess is that car frame was cut to accomodate both sizes without a lot of work and you have to cut out the cardboard of rear deck. I found the 4.5 sound good, the sub makes up for their lack of base.

Just getting the speakers out was enough work for me. If you are in to it, the extra effort may be worth it, but not for me.