Transmission 2001 Ls430

I would like to do a transmission flush and would like to know how much Trans Fluid to purchase for a complete purge and refill. Does anyone have this information?

Thanks in adavance.

Regards,

joe

I believe most of them take 9 quarts, I would purchase one or 2 extra quarts, so you have some extra <_< You're taking it to a shop to have it flushed?

Yes, I think I will have Lexus do the flush if they have the machine to do it. Last time I checked they only did drain and fills. Also, I was planning on using Amsoil in the tranny and wondered if that would be a mistake to do. Any thoughts on the Amsoil for the engine and tranny? Thanks for your comments. ............joelsin

[Amsoil is just fine for the engine, however, I'd stick to toyota T-IV for the tranny. Amsol is compatible with the toyota transmissions, however, the T-IV is specifically designed for toyota transmission. Any competent lexus shop can do the flush. However, if you have any independant lexus shops you may save a few dollars.

B)

You can use the Amsoil synthetic ATF safely in your tranny. I will be using it in my 01 ES as well instead of the Toyota type IV fluid. Better protection. :D B)

I switched from Mobil 1 synthetic oil to Amsoil (ASL series) 5W 30 oil for better & longer protection......it's still better than the 'new' Mobil 1 Extended synthetic. ;) Use the Amsoil heavy duty oil filters as well.

:cheers: