Noises At Start Up And Idle On 400 V8 ?

Jeff

Hi all, I just had the 90K service done on my 95 SC400 which included a new drive belt. The car has 92K on the motor and when I start this car cold, I get a very loud sqeel from the belt as if one of the drive components pullys is locked causing the belt to be forced to slip on the pully. The noise is very loud and lasts about 3 or 4 seconds. Also, when the car is warmed up and at idle and in gear with brakes on, I'm getting a rattle noise from the drive belt tensioner. What is the problem ?? The belt has less than 150 miles on it. If I take a little tension off of the tensioner, the rattle noise goes away. If your looking at the tensioner, there looks like 4 reference marks on the stationary part. 3 of the marks are around the 12 oclock position and a 4th mark is around the 1 oclock position. ( l l l l ). On the moving part of the tensioner, there is an arrow that looks like a way to tell the tension on the belt against the staionary marks. My arrow is about 1/4 inch to the right past the 1 oclock mark or pointing toward what would be close to the 2 oclock area. Is the belt to big or small ??? has anyone experienced this before ?? Does my description even make sense ??? The car is just to nice to make these nasty noises from the belt. Please help if you have ideas. Thanks