Alternative 12volt Air Ride Compressor?

hughes369

well, i think i messed up my airride compressor, trying to figure out which wire going to it was the positive wire. i reversed polarity to check , and it only liked one direction over the other. I had to see if i was right, and found out i had a good guess on my first pick. made a funny sound while going the other direction. i tore it down, it looks ok, cylinder head has some corrosion near the valve and spring on the outlet side of the cyl. head. not sure if i messed up the reed valve in the top of the compression chamber.

so with all that i am scared to hook it back up to the factory harness. And no one can really fix it , except a dc motor repair shop, but i think the compressor part is what i may have messed up.

Just wondering what the specifications are of the factory lexus air ride compressor, so i can see if a aftermarket airbag compressor for like a lowrider or hot rod would work. They have different ones at differnet psi's, and duty cycles. so i was wondering how to find out what the specs are on the factory compressor.

i think i can get a hot rod type compressor to fit, with some modifications, and even have it sit in the factory location in front of the right front wheel area. Well, any advice, please drop a reply. later THE SNAKE :o

well, i think i messed up my airride compressor, trying to figure out which wire going to it was the positive wire.  i reversed polarity to check , and it only liked one direction over the other.  I had to see if i was right, and found out i had a good guess on my first pick.  made a funny sound while going the other direction.  i tore it down, it looks ok, cylinder head has some corrosion near the valve and spring on the outlet side of the cyl. head.  not sure if i messed up the reed valve in the top of the compression chamber. 

so with all that i am scared to hook it back up to the factory harness.  And no one can really fix it , except a dc motor repair shop, but i think the compressor part is what i may have messed up. 

Just wondering what the specifications are of the factory lexus air ride compressor, so i can see if a aftermarket airbag compressor for like a lowrider or hot rod would work.  They have different ones at differnet psi's, and duty cycles.  so i was wondering how to find out what the specs are on the factory compressor. 

i think i can get a hot rod type compressor to fit, with some modifications, and even have it sit in the factory location in front of the right front wheel area.  Well, any advice, please drop a reply.  later THE SNAKE :o

i guess no one wants to commit, maybe too many pro lexus parts guys are censoring me, oh well, i will find out what i need to know, and will be giving everyone an alternative pump soon. THE SNAKE :ph34r:

I looked in my repair manual for you and cannot find specs on the compressor.

You're not sure if it works right... Just hook it back up and see. If it works it works, if not you're car won't rise. No need to replace it if it's still good! You're not going to mess up the system if you do this. You'll either get air pressure or you won't, simple.

I looked in my repair manual for you and cannot find specs on the compressor.

You're not sure if it works right...  Just hook it back up and see.  If it works it works, if not you're car won't rise.  No need to replace it if it's still good!  You're not going to mess up the system if you do this.  You'll either get air pressure or you won't, simple.

The reason for me trying to figure out which wire is positive was so i could by pass the computer, and tell it to come on when i want it to. basically i need to get the codes pulled, but i wanted a way to manually run the pump, with or with out the computer controls. Does your manual say which wire going to the motor is positive and which is negative. And if so could you tell me that. that would be a big help. By the way, it worked fine before i started fiddlin with tryin to find out which wire was positive and which was negative. So i know it works, but does it work after i ran it backwards? Thats all i want to know.

THE SNAKE

ps does anyone who has converted their LS400 to non air ride want to sell me their air ride compressor? ill buy if the price is right. thanks