Anybody Change A Fuel Filter In A Es250?

projzxr

I was wondering if anybody has changed fuel filters in the ES250? I was lookin' to save a few dollars and do it myself? Anybody know a good place to get one? Maybe the dealer? NAPA? Also, a write or something would be cool. I've done it in a 300zx. Thanks.

I was wondering if anybody has changed fuel filters in the ES250? I was lookin' to save a few dollars and do it myself? Anybody know a good place to get one? Maybe the dealer? NAPA? Also, a write or something would be cool. I've done it in a 300zx. Thanks.

its under the air filter box.

have fun! :D

Josh,

Have you change it out yet?

JPI

Josh,

Have you change it out yet?

JPI

no but i pulled it out....just to see how bard it woudl be to get too, not bad at all. about 15 mins to get to it.

ill get around to it eventually.

Make sure you don't strip the lines.  You will know what i mean  :blink:

JPI

heh, i saw the lines are a little tricky, but are they hard or soft lines? they look like hard lines to me.

They are stainlees steel lines. The poblem with these is they were overtorqued at assembly. The line with the 14mm male fitting will have slightly rolled threads. It breaks free with some effort, turns easily about 2 times and then locks up. It is hard to turn for about 2 twists and then frees up again. Same issue upon assembly because the damage is already done. Go slow and use a 14mm flarenut crowfoot from underneath (wheel opening) if you have one. Start the fitting by hand and don't get frustrated. The top fitting(banjo bolt) is tight but nothing to wory about here. Be sure and replace the 2 washers that should be supplied with a quality filter.

JPI

heh, i saw the lines are a little tricky, but are they hard or soft lines? they look like hard lines to me.

They are stainlees steel lines. The poblem with these is they were overtorqued at assembly. The line with the 14mm male fitting will have slightly rolled threads. It breaks free with some effort, turns easily about 2 times and then locks up. It is hard to turn for about 2 twists and then frees up again. Same issue upon assembly because the damage is already done. Go slow and use a 14mm flarenut crowfoot from underneath (wheel opening) if you have one. Start the fitting by hand and don't get frustrated. The top fitting(banjo bolt) is tight but nothing to wory about here. Be sure and replace the 2 washers that should be supplied with a quality filter.

i will do that. will PB blaster help the nuts turn at all?

JPI

i will do that. will PB blaster help the nuts turn at all?

Nothing really helps because the threads that are rolled are the ones deepest inside the filter. For a long time we techs swore it was a missmatched thread pitch issue until the factory fessed up. I dont know I guess someone set the robot at the factory for Neuton meters instead of foot pounds of touque. Just go slow and don't fret if the old filter's braket bends a bit before you get the bottom line out. You can do it.

• 1 month later...