Mercedes Converts?

LexusLooker

Had a transmission failure at 24,000 miles due to transmission fluid leaking into the Transmission Control Module. After this repair ($3000), I sold the car and replaced it with a 2005 Lexus LS430.

Just curious, but why did you have to pay to repair the transmission w/ only 24K on the ODO. MB warranty is at least 50K miles or 4 years.

The car was 4 years and 1 month old....therefore out of warranty. I didn't drive it much...about 7,000 miles per year. I spent more time in my BMW 530i.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a transmission failure at 24,000 miles due to transmission fluid leaking into the Transmission Control Module. After this repair ($3000), I sold the car and replaced it with a 2005 Lexus LS430.

Just curious, but why did you have to pay to repair the transmission w/ only 24K on the ODO. MB warranty is at least 50K miles or 4 years.

The car was 4 years and 1 month old....therefore out of warranty. I didn't drive it much...about 7,000 miles per year. I spent more time in my BMW 530i.

You didn't raise enough hell w/ MB. I had plenty of things covered in the 8K that I drove the car past the original 50K warranty (mostly electronics). Average wear and tear parts are one thing, but a tranny replacment at less than 25K miles would have warranted a letter from my attorney.

"You didn't raise enough hell w/ MB. I had plenty of things covered in the 8K that I drove the car past the original 50K warranty (mostly electronics). Average wear and tear parts are one thing, but a tranny replacment at less than 25K miles would have warranted a letter from my attorney."

The repair didn't cost me a penny. It was covered under the Extended Warranty that I bought when I purchased the car. After the repair, I sold the car and cashed in the remainder of my extended warranty and got nearly what I paid for it originally. It all worked out great.