Headlight Bulbs

tantheman

after 2 1/2 years of use, i just took my Sylvania Silverstars out, i wanted to try the GE Night Hawks.

i've had them in for about 2 days, i haven't drivin at night yet with them, but i did compare them to my Silverstars in my Xterra, and my initial finding is that they are a tad bid more yellow than the silverstars, i can't speak about brightness or visibility quality yet. The don't have the purple colored lens the Silverstars do, they are just clear

but as i found with my silverstars they take a few weeks to break in to full whiteness, so i'll just have to see.

actaully i bought 4 different sets of bulbs to see which is the best.

i have the silverstars, and i bought:

GE night hawks, (in now)

Quarts Silver Platinum

Cool Blue (autozone) probably suck but i want to compare all

Silvania Xtra vision.

so i'm gonna try all the bulbs for about a week a piece, and take pics to refer to and makes notes on my finding, to see which "shelf" bulb actaully looks the best as well as which is the brightest, and offers the best visibity.

now i know this won't be a "full test" as i am not testing any PIaa or bulb you have to order, which there are MANY differnt bulbs out there, and i've tried most of them, and it can get very expensive

most of the bulbs i bought for my test are 40 dollars a set and below...... so actaully i'm Just testing the bulbs that anyone can have access to, via any autozone, pepboys, walmart ect......