New Sc400 Problem.. If U Dont Fix Ur P/s

lucdaica

long story short...i have ps leak since last month, figured its just holes so i replaced.. still leak... then alternator die, looked under and figured it was the pump that was leaking down into the alternator cuasing it to burn... so rebuild the alternator, and rebuilded the ps pump under all my labor for less then 100 for rebuild kits for both... Yet still leak... so checked agian, and find the power steering rack and pinion leaking too, fixed that at the shop for 600$... still leak!!!!!.. so i gave up!!!.. took it to dealer for 100$ check.. they say i have internal leak from the air control vavle... forcing the fuild inside the engine and gets burn there, therefore no external leak was found... he also said that is becuase p/s wasnt fix fast enoght cuasing the problem more serve..... he also said since the fuild is running into the engine, it damage the idle up control valve which stops rpm to act normally.. which is true.. my rpm would not go over 2000rpm under Neutral gear... they estimate 1,500 for idle up control valve and new power steering pump... i figured ..crap.. all that work for nothing?? so im not giving up.. im not gonna let dealer rob me.... so imma ask ppl dedicated to sc400 =) .. and i just wanna to let every1 with ps problem know... just fix the pump the minute it leaks before all this hassle happens...

So ... i checked online and did some research.. to this point i assume, that air control vavle is inside power steering pump.. the best thing to do is to buy a pump to insure no more work... Cus those that worked on it know.. its some curcial long time work.. isnt it??... but can some1 confirm this??? is this a bright thing to do ... other than "take it to the dealer "????.. if it is... imma just buy the pump at autozone for 198$ ..and put it in myself... other than gettin charged 400$

NExt...IDle up control valve, .. did research... find out it just needs cleaning... the the good old Dealer wants 1100$ for it??? i assume they not just gonna clean it.. they gonna replace the whole thing... thats why it cost so much... but... to experts... is it only cleaning and thats it? i dun wanna take it out do it all over agian and it still leak... im gettin pretty frustrated with my sc400 i hope after this week when my ps pump gets in, i replace it, and then clean the idle up valve ..... so is THIS a good idea other than replacing it.. and where is the idle up valve, im assuming that its under the traction control box where the intake is connected it the engine... correct?????