Power Window Problems

ac680

I have here a 2000 LX470. the power windows do all work from the driver control panel, but none of the windows work from from each individual door switch..

The window lock out switch on the driver panel is not engaged.

I did replace the control panel with switches in the driver door., but it did not cure this problem.

any idea's ?

Henri.

• 1 month later...
I have here a 2000 LX470.  the power windows do all work from the driver control panel,  but none of the windows work from from each individual door switch..

The window lock out switch on the driver panel is not engaged.

I did replace the control panel with switches in the driver door., but it did not cure this problem.

any idea's ?

Henri.

Henri,

I'm looking to replace the control panel you mentioned as mine was stolen. If you still have your original, I'd be interested in buying it from you.

Let me know, thanks. nmunif@yahoo.com

• 1 year later...

I have the opposite problem where I can no longer control the non-driver side windows from the driver control. I can still control the driver side window from the driver control, but none of the others.

Any suggestions on the cause?

Thanks in advance...

I have the opposite problem where I can no longer control the non-driver side windows from the driver control. I can still control the driver side window from the driver control, but none of the others.

Thanks in advance...

In my 03 LX factory electrical manual, there's a yellow w/ black striped wire going out of the master power switch. This wire goes to junction J2 (left lower kick panel) and then splits. One part goes to the left rear window switch, the other splits again and goes to the right front window switch and right rear window switch. So if only the driver's window works but none of the others do, there's a bad connection in this wire or the master switch is not outputting the signal correctly. Keep in mind that each window switch has it's own fuse and ground. The only way the master switch communicates to these other switches is via the yellow-black wire. So if the right side windows don't work but the left rear does, it has to be a bad connection in the half that feeds the right side before the next junction. If all 3 don't work, there are the two possibilities I listed above that I can think of.

Regarding the original post, I don't know. That's the opposite problem of above. We can rule out the fuses and ground for each window switch since you say they work under the master switch, and I find it hard to believe that all 3 switches would be faulty. The only other connections the individual switches have other than the yellow-black wire to the master switch, power, and ground is a connection to the body ECU.

Thanks in advance...

In my 03 LX factory electrical manual, there's a yellow w/ black striped wire going out of the master power switch. This wire goes to junction J2 (left lower kick panel) and then splits. One part goes to the left rear window switch, the other splits again and goes to the right front window switch and right rear window switch. So if only the driver's window works but none of the others do, there's a bad connection in this wire or the master switch is not outputting the signal correctly. Keep in mind that each window switch has it's own fuse and ground. The only way the master switch communicates to these other switches is via the yellow-black wire. So if the right side windows don't work but the left rear does, it has to be a bad connection in the half that feeds the right side before the next junction. If all 3 don't work, there are the two possibilities I listed above that I can think of.

Regarding the original post, I don't know. That's the opposite problem of above. We can rule out the fuses and ground for each window switch since you say they work under the master switch, and I find it hard to believe that all 3 switches would be faulty. The only other connections the individual switches have other than the yellow-black wire to the master switch, power, and ground is a connection to the body ECU.

I think there is a bad cnonection between the master switch and the wire you referenced.

What are the steps to get to the master switch and check this wire?

Do I need to remove the inside of the door assembly or is there a more direct way to get to the master switch?

Again, thanks for the response.

I think there is a bad cnonection between the master switch and the wire you referenced.

What are the steps to get to the master switch and check this wire?

Do I need to remove the inside of the door assembly or is there a more direct way to get to the master switch?

Again, thanks for the response.

The manual says to tape up the tip of a screwdriver and gently pry the FRONT (meaning the side of the switch closest to the front of the vehicle) of the power window switch upwards. No need to pull the door apart. There's a little metal spring clip that holds the switch in, and it's hinged off the rear side of the switch with a rigid plastic clip built into the switch that tucks under the door panel (so you shouldn't pry the rear side or you'll break it). This goes for the other window switches, too. This gives you access to the switch and the connector below. If you want to check for breaks in the yellow-black wire, you can use a multi-tester on the switch connector end and measure the resistance to the proper junction terminal (left kick panel, in the lower tip of the triangular-shaped junction panel).