Sub Silencer

Tote

Hello, I noticed that my sub-silencer ( I believe that's what they called it when I ordered it) Was broken at the point where it connects to the hose. Basically hose and silenser was disconnected. Well to get to the point, the first time I noticed it, I had the engine on and heard the air being sucked in, with some force. I order the part and should be getting it in the next couple of days. Today, I had the car on and I noticed no air suction what so ever from the silencer. My fear is that it is clogged up with debri or leaves or something to that extent. I do not notice any thing different, as far as the car turning on and running.

If anyone has any info on what's going on, or if I could or should attempt to clean it out, please let me know?

I did remove the hose and inpect it, and found no blockage.

Thanks in advance

Tote

The sub silencer at least that’s what they called it at the dealer is connected to the housing for the air filter. Right after the air filter, the housing on my 93 LS400 has a hose (about an inch wide) that runs parallel with the front of the car and terminates at a pipe that sticks out the front of the engine (the rest of the housing goes to the throttle). It is visible just with the hood open, no need to move anything. Maybe about 1 to 1 1/2 feet of hose. Between that hose is a silencer that is suppose to keep the hose quiet. I know that my 90' and 91" do not have this hose and or silencer.

I do not have a digital camera, as I lost mine recently and haven't replaced it. I’m going to see if I can find a picture on the net or through this forum.

Thanks Again

Tote