Canadian Prices For 2006 Lexus Gs 300 & 430:

Lexusfreak

Hi Everyone,

I just got this off the Lexus Canada website. These are the 'Base' prices for the All New 2006 Lexus GS 300 & 430 respectively (All prices are in Canadian dollars):

- GS 300 RWD: $ 64,300

- GS 300 AWD: $ 66,700

- GS 430 RWD: $ 74,700

:blink: :( :ph34r: :chairshot: :cries:

:cheers:

Gotta figure out the exchange.

My guess is in the US the GS300 will start at 45k, and the GS430 will start at 52-55k and top out around 62k or so. Keep in mind they've moved the GS upmarket into 5 series territory to put more distance between the GS300 and ES330. The new LS probably wont see a sub 60k model.

15%? Yikes!

Yeah, tell me about it! :angry::censored: :chairshot: Gotta love our Federal & Provincial governments! :rolleyes::blink:

PST (Provincial sales tax - 8%) & GST (Goods & Services tax - 7%), on top of that we have to pay gas tax or 'gas guzzler' tax (which depends on the vehicle & size of it's engine), air tax, tire tax.......all these taxes & then you add the 15% taxes which is actually taxes on top of taxes!!! :cries: Big scam imo, that's one main reason (not to mention depreciation) why I will never again purchase a brand new vehicle ever again. :blink:

:cheers:

Yeah here it varies by state. In Maryland we pay a title and licensing fee thats $100-$200 depending on what type of tags you want and sales tax which is 5% of the purchasing price. Thats it. We used to have luxury tax of 7% on any amount over something like 35k but thats been removed. Taxes are the same used vs. new.

Now in some states, like Virginia they have personal property tax and the car tax that makes it more expensive, these have to be paid every year. In Delaware there is no sales tax and all you have to pay is the title and licensing fee!

I'd buy all my cars in Delaware except you have to pay taxes in the state you register it in, so I'd still have to pay the 5%.

In some states you can pay whats called a monthly useage tax on leased vehicles which means you pay sales tax on each payment instead of the entire principal. In MD we dont have that, we have to pay sales tax on all leased cars same as purchased. Thats really unfair because we're paying sales tax on 1/2 the car's price that we're never going to use.

Gotta figure out the exchange.

My guess is in the US the GS300 will start at 45k, and the GS430 will start at 52-55k and top out around 62k or so. Keep in mind they've moved the GS upmarket into 5 series territory to put more distance between the GS300 and ES330. The new LS probably wont see a sub 60k model.

Ya I know that the numbers will be lower when you convert to USD. I'm not that ignorant :whistles: :D . I looked at the current prices of the GS430/300 very recently (US Lexus website), and after thinking about, it's not too much of a shock that the prices will be that high when the '06 arrives. I was actually more surprised on how much a 2005 GS300 cost with leather package. They were a bit cheaper in the beginning of the generation. I need to keep up with pricing of these vehicles.