New Owner With Some Questions

I am a new owner of a 2001 ES300. The car is great, purhcased from a Lexus Dealership and they let me test drive the vehicle for 3 days before I purchased!

I do have a question on the auto climate control system. It seems the digital temperature setting you dial does not correspond very well with the cabin temperature. There does not seem to be any "automatic" to it. I have to set the temperature from 83 degrees to "hot" in order to get some warmth. Is there some means to "calibrate" this feature?

Thanks!

I do believe that the setpoints for heat and A/C can be changed through the dealer.

Is this your first car with automatic temp. control? Its a little different than having standard controls and takes some getting used to. The system is designed to guard against abrupt changes in temp. that can be annoying so the change is more gradual. Its like the thermostat in your home, if you set it to a comfortable temp (I leave mine on 73) and just ignore it it will reach and maintain a comfortable temp. Sometimes you have to change the temp to get the heating/cooling desired then turn it back down.

In GA it doesn't get that cold, my guess is that you're asking it for warmth when it doesnt think you need warmth. If thats the case than the dealer should be able to change the threshold.