Rubber Contact Mat In Dash Button

bainer

I was recently changing some burnt out bulbs in the gauge cluster in my 92’ es300 when the circuit board for the Trip/Odometer buttons on the back of the cover fell out and one of the gray rubber contact mats that is between the trip reset button and IC board disappeared into the dash and now I can not find it. So my question is has this ever happened to anyone else and if so does Lexus/Toyota carry this part and what was the cost?

Can't answer your part cost or availability question, but I have an idea that just might work for you. As an elementary school math teacher, I was always finding and repairing small pocket calculators for student use. Whenever one would become erratic it usually meant taking it apart, and cleaning the contact pads and circuit board with an ordinary pink pencil eraser. They came in all sizes and shapes, and maybe cutting a pad from an old calculator to what you need is going to solve your problem. Just a thought. Good Luck!