Cd Player...

projzxr

I have a 90' es250 and my cd player is not working. It keeps rejecting my cd's and I've used one of those special cd player cleaners. I was wondering where I would be able to get a new or used cd player for my deck. Also, where is the best place to get new or used parts for my Lexus. And anybody know how to take off the dash to get to the deck? Thanks.

I have a 90' es250 and my cd player is not working. It keeps rejecting my cd's and I've used one of those special cd player cleaners. I was wondering where I would be able to get a new or used cd player for my deck. Also, where is the best place to get new or used parts for my Lexus. And anybody know how to take off the dash to get to the deck? Thanks.

i was told by bestbuy that the only thing that can be put in there is a custom setup. an aftermarket HU will blow the speakers in your dash, and they are an odd size, so no aftemarket ones are available. they need to completely rewire the stereo system, install the aftermarekt HU (there is a dash install kit available, but im not sure where).

the factory amp has to be bypassed/replaced. the modulation it uses will blow an aftermarket HU or something to that effect. you cant connect the aftermarket HU to a factory amp. the rear deck peakers are easily found, but dont blow the ones in the dash, they are not only a PITA to get them out, but you will never find a higher rated replacement, it simply doesnt exist.

to take off the dash do the following:

remove the wood trim around the HVAC controls with a flathead screwdriver wrapped in a towel. once removed, remove the one over the shifter as mucha s you can. the remove the screws securing the HU in place.