Exhaust Leak

NeiLtYmE

so when targeting the area of the exhaust leak/sound, it was spotted on the flex pipe.

Where i went (meinke) the exhuast guy told me that the flexpipe there attached to the Y-pipe cannot be worked on/replaced. He told me that the whole unit which it attached to the catalyic converter is as one large piece and thus the whole assembly has to be replaced. Although the flex piece is inexpensive its cannot be accessed easily to be worked on this car.

anyone else had problems with this? or know if what hes saying is just lack of knowlege?

yup, lost. ! :huh:

-neil

toyota changed the y pipe alot for the 1mz-fe engien don;t ask me why but from all the diagrams i have seen in the muffler shop guides it shows different types for each year.

After all my cat is not attached but yours is.

i know my 94 only fits a 94 for some reason

a flange is the large round end that attaches the 2 exhast parts toghether with a gasket and 2 or 3 bolts

basically any pipe mating surface to another one like the one on the exhaust manifold to the head and the one on your muffler to the rest of the intermediate piping