Start Me Up!

Tekniq

Hey family,

So.. It's a lil' cold.. not the worst day of the winter so far.. but still.. thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, Mom takes the car to the store. Starts fine. Gets there fine. Does a lil' morning shopping which is her customary journey each day. It's only a block away.

She comes back to start it up, and nothing. She walks back, a lil' panic-y, and I go have a look. I put my key in.. and nothing.. not a click, not a noise, not a pulse.. Even the remote key Lock/Unlock won't work.

I end up calling a tow truck. This is all way to early for my blood by the way.

45 minutes later, I'm waiting for the tow truck, and I'm looking at the car like.."you piece of.." And I try the remote to unlock.

The car beeps. Huh???? Say worrrdd??????

So I jump in, start it up like nothing's happened, and cancel the tow.. It's been fine for the day..

What the????? Any ideas????? Ever heard of that before?????

I feel compelled to mention, the clock lost the 45 minutes while it was out, and my presets (radio stations,sound controls) have all gone back to factory.

Gimme your feedback, gang...

Thanks in advance,

TEK

it would first start with a new battery, its probably not holding a strong charge anymore...... cheapest and probably most common solution to your problem.

replace + & - connecters with new ones, clean the battery cables as well as the terminals really good with battery cleaner and a steel brush.

then go from there

it would first start with a new battery, its probably not holding a strong charge anymore...... cheapest and probably most common solution to your problem.

replace + & - connecters with new ones, clean the battery cables as well as the terminals really good with battery cleaner and a steel brush.

then go from there

I wish I had a prize for ya, but I got nada.. nothin' more than my thanks.

I'm a lil' embarassed to admit that it was simply a loose positive connector on the battery that needed tightening to re-secure.

Cheers