Please Help Me - In Ireland Stranded !

ronquinn

Hello everyone

I need yuor help , I have an IS200 for about a year and have never even heard of this forum until 5 minuttes ago I JOINED THE UK FORUM ALSO I am currently in my relatives house 100 miles from my own home , the problem is that 15 minutes ago the yellow check engine light and the No TRAC light came on , the car feels sluggish , I urgently need to drive home tomorrow night hence this appeal for anyone to offer advice urgently , I would like to thank anyone for replying in advance , It is imperative that i get home !

thank you

Ron Quinn

Your car has gone into "limp" mode because there is something sensed wrong, which the ECU thinks may be detrimental to the engine. It's reduced the power via the track system to prevent damage.

One thing you could try is to reset the ECU and see if the reset will allow the car to run in normal mode.

To so this, disconnect the negative battery cable (black) for about 20 minutes, then reconnect the cable and start the car and see if it drives ok then.

Otherwise, you''ll almost have to get a reading for the check engine code to find out what the perceived problem may be.

It might also be wise to post this in a more general forum, as not so many people read the IS300 forum on the US site.