Goodyear Assurance Trippletred

lovlex

i bought a set of the goodyear assurance trippletread tires for my ls. so far,

i love them. they have a nice soft ride and have excellent handling. they are rated to 118 mph, which is high enough for me. i'm too old to drive over 90, lol. they seem to have flat spots easilly from sitting but they quickly smooth out. I got a great deal on them with rebates totaling $180.00. i love the way the rim sits inside the tire's ring so if you hit a curb, you will not scratch your rim because the tire protects it. Also what’s nice is the 80,000 mile warranty :cheers:

I got a set of Assurance Confortreds for my '91 LS400 which are supposed to ride even more smoothly and quietly than the Tripletreds. At first I liked the Comfortreds, but then on longer trips I started hating them. While they absorb large, sharp bumps really well, they transmit every minor little road imperfection which makes for a constantly slightly busy, unsettled ride. They wander more too so the directional stability of the car has worsened. All this makes long distance driving more tiresome. Finally, the Assurance Confortreds have a high rollling resistance which eats 2 MPG. They ride quietly, but just a trifle more quietly than my old factory original Goodyear Eagle GA's.

Overall, I prefer the old Eagle GA's. Next time I will get either Toyo or Michelin tires because they absorb all the minor road imperfections, thus providing a vibration free relaxing ride.

My dad has (although he will be getting rid of the car next week) brand new Goodyear Comfortreads on his 90 Park Avenue (about 6,000 miles on them) & loves the way the tire performs especially in snow & heavy rain. Since the Buick is much more 'floaty' than any Lexus, he has not noticed any of the problems you have mentioned monarch. Dosen't mean much since he just purhased a 2002 Buick Century Limited & pick's it up next week......but the good news is, he can get either te Comfortreads OR the Tripletreads (only the comfortreads were available on the Park Ave)......so I think I'm going to try to 'steer' (no pun intended :whistles: ) towards the higher rated Tripletreads. B)

:cheers:

i had the michelin’s on mine and i like the goodyear's better. my car wondered on long trips also with the michelins, even after an alignment. once i put the goodyear's on, no more wondering. the car was out of alignment when i bought it, with the michelins. so i think the car was trying to track the way the tires had worn after the alignment. monarch, maybe your old tires had worn to your alignment and that's why your car was tracking straight with them. maybe now the car is wondering because your alignment is off and with the even wear of your new threads, you are now feeling the wondering????????????? :huh: