Goodbye Yellow

VBdenny

The other day I noticed that one of my headlights had gone out. I picked up a set of Sylvannia Silverstars. While I had the thing apart I decided to go ahead and remove the yellow from the foglights. What a big improvement.

Thanks Lexls for the tutorials, worked great.

There is a round metal holder (shaped kind of like a large bullet) that is screwed into the frame. You wouldn't remove it to change the bulb. Inside the rounded metal holder is yellow glass (fairly thick) that has the same shape as the holder. It looked like it is possible to take the glass out without breaking it but it would be a lot of work. I just broke the glass and put the holder back in the frame. I tried with the needlenose then took a small flathead screwdriver and hit it with the handle of a larger screwdriver (I was too lazy to walk to the garage for a hammer). After a couple of pops, the glass broke and went everywhere. Luckily, I had heeded Lexls's waring and had it in a tray.

There is a round metal holder (shaped kind of like a large bullet) that is screwed into the frame. You wouldn't remove it to change the bulb. Inside the rounded metal holder is yellow glass (fairly thick) that has the same shape as the holder. It looked like it is possible to take the glass out without breaking it but it would be a lot of work. I just broke the glass and put the holder back in the frame. I tried with the needlenose then took a small flathead screwdriver and hit it with the handle of a larger screwdriver (I was too lazy to walk to the garage for a hammer). After a couple of pops, the glass broke and went everywhere. Luckily, I had heeded Lexls's waring and had it in a tray.