Waxing

Maximaboy1

If the surface is still rough after a wax you need to strip the wax (use a squirt of dish washing liguid in a bucket of warm water) then clay bar the painted surfaces and then wax. I use Zaino. Let dry to a haze, usually about 30 minutes and wipe off. If the surface is still rough after a clay bar treatment, you may need to use polishing compound to smooth the surface.

Your surface should be smooth before you apply wax. Wash your car and then put your hand in a plastic sandwich bag; then rub your fingers across the surface. If it is rough, you need to at least use a claybar. And use the claybar before using a polishing compound; if the surface is still rough after using a claybar, you will need to use further measures. Surface preparation is the key to, and 95+% of the final results. I, too, am a Zaino user (read Zaino Zealot). Although I have not used it yet, I understand that the new Zaino Z-2 PRO is incredible. with an anticipated duration of at least 6 - 9 months. Suggest you check out www.zainostore.com

You might also be interested in the detailing information and discussions on

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/