Back Door Jammed

Bob Adler

The "back" door of my '04 GX became jammed last Thurday evening. I took it into my dealer who stated this was a known problem and ordered the part fix.

It apparently occured as my wife tried to open the back door (the tail gate door) just as I was unlocking all doors from the driver's side unlock button.

The back door would not open all weekend and when the button on the key was used to lock the vehicle, the vehicle no longer beeped at me or flashed its lights. All doors did lock, however.

This morning, when I went out to go to work, the back door started working again and the car functioned as normal.

At any rate, the "new" part is on order and I will get the latch replaced. Apparently they have to destroy the back door inside pannel, so a new pannel is part of the replacement kit.

I figured, while I'm at it I might as well get a tow kit installed :D The dealer is offering a 20% year end discount, so what the hey! I'll be very happy to have towing ability with KDSS! They did say though, that the tow bar would sit below the bumper and not be integrated into the bumper. But it is dealer installed and warrantied, so that's definitely worthwhile.

Anyone having similar back door issues, please chime in!

Bob

The "back" door of my '04 GX became jammed last Thurday evening. I took it into my dealer who stated this was a known problem and ordered the part fix.

It apparently occured as my wife tried to open the back door (the tail gate door) just as I was unlocking all doors from the driver's side unlock button.

The back door would not open all weekend and when the button on the key was used to lock the vehicle, the vehicle no longer beeped at me or flashed its lights. All doors did lock, however.

This morning, when I went out to go to work, the back door started working again and the car functioned as normal.

At any rate, the "new" part is on order and I will get the latch replaced. Apparently they have to destroy the back door inside pannel, so a new pannel is part of the replacement kit.

I figured, while I'm at it I might as well get a tow kit installed  :D  The dealer is offering a 20% year end discount, so what the hey! I'll be very happy to have towing ability with KDSS! They did say though, that the tow bar would sit below the bumper and not be integrated into the bumper. But it is dealer installed and warrantied, so that's definitely worthwhile.

Anyone having similar back door issues, please chime in!

Bob

do a forum search, i remember this topic well before, but i don't remember what the guy did. He had it fixed and told us how it was done, but i don't remember what it was! :whistles: