Empty Space

haplain

Hello,

I am trying to find some empty space in my 2003 LX470 to put a large amp. I do not want to purchase a cheesy amp box or just have it sitting out. I would like the car to look factory but not sound factory. I have utilized the back of the middle seats but the amp I am looking to get is too big. The dimensions are 35 length, 12 width, and 3 deep. I was wondering if anyone knew a place that is hidden in the car that I could put an amp of this size. Everyone I talk to says the car is pretty packed but perhaps someone knows of a space where this amp would be able to fit. I was also thinking, perhaps, one could remove the carpet in the back cargo area and cut a hole for the amp to fit into. I am not sure if this gap is deep enough, if there is anything running in that area or if there are too many braces so it would not be possible. I was also thinking of creating a metal box and welding it under the car. Is there space for any of that? If anyone has any information on where I could put this amp it would be appreciated. The cargo area seems to be the best bet I'm just not sure what is under it. Please help

You should find some space above the spare tire -- under the rear cargo area if you want to cut and weld. Take a look under there -- there should be plenty of room. In other countries, an aux. gas tank normally sits there. In the US, we don't get the tank.