Gs300 Questions

I am looking at buying a 1994 GS300 from a dealer. It has 75,000 miles and is in excellent condition. They want $13,500 for this car. They are also including a 1 year warranty. This would be my first Lexus. I am a little concerned about the age of the car, but aside from that it looks great. Anything I should look out for or be concerned with? I am going for another test drive today so any information would be great.

Also, how does this car handle in Snow? We don't get much here, but we can get dumped on once in a while.

One thing about the car that I am not crazy about is it only have a cassette, no CD. Is there a way to get an OEM CD player for this car?

I am looking at buying a 1994 GS300 from a dealer. It has 75,000 miles and is in excellent condition. They want $13,500 for this car. They are also including a 1 year warranty. This would be my first Lexus. I am a little concerned about the age of the car, but aside from that it looks great. Anything I should look out for or be concerned with? I am going for another test drive today so any information would be great.

Also, how does this car handle in Snow? We don't get much here, but we can get dumped on once in a while.

One thing about the car that I am not crazy about is it only have a cassette, no CD.  Is there a way to get an OEM CD player for this car?

mjferguson, I can get you set up with a OEM cd changer email me and welcome to the world of LEXUS.

THats about an average price for the car, nothing special. Although I haven't seen any pics. Make sure the 60. 000 mile service was done(timing belt, water pump, cam and crank seals) I think you should also know that around 100, 000 all fluids need to be changed, 02 sensors (3 total), radiator will most like start leaking, lower control arm bushings replaced, all hoses replaced, cap, rotor , plugs, wires, throttle body cleaned. The warranty is great, however, they will only fix whatt breaks, not what needs to be done. So plan on spending quite a bit out of pocket for routine and preventative maintenance. It's a great car, you just have to keep it maintained so it will give you maximum performance. You're just buying the car near a time when a lot needs to be done. I guess it's better than buying one that you don't know what has been done or if any of it has been done. <_<