Weird Idling Problem

andrecat112

this morning when i went to go warm my car up i noticed that the car was shaking during idle more than usual, sputtering you may even say. i thought that maybe it was just having trouble warming up (the temps dropped down into the teens overnight). so i tried again around noon and it still was idling rough, i looked under the hood and i could see the engine actually wobble, i could also hear the air intake struggling to take in air. furthermore i went around back to check the tailpipe and it smelled like firecracker smoke, along with the sputtering sound.

the day before it was running fine, last time i used it was 11pm last night. im thinking maybe water condensation in the fuel system? or timing belt gone bad? i did smell some type of burning rubber in the cabin. any ideas?

thanks in advance.

just took my car to the local mechanics and they did a diagnose of the engine and found that cylinder #5 was misfiring. they pulled out the spark plug and found that the porcelin was cracked and there was debris trapped between the gap of the two prongs. so they just replaced the one spark plug. now im running with 5 denso and one bosch spark plug :angry:

being out here in BFE, kinda limits my resources, im just glad they were able to fix it. i actually i bought a whole new set of spark plugs from ebay (NGK iridiums) a month ago and i took them home back to the beach last break, because i was hoping to do a complete tune up this weekend when i got back home. just my luck eh?