98 Es300

rayder34

On the driver seat I am trying to remove the plastic side cover which my holds the controls for the memory seat position.

I don't know what else to call them but it is 3 buttons which has 2 different seat positions in memory- the third button is the "set" button

those buttons no longer work and I was hoping to replace the switch underneath but I am afraid of breaking the plastic. Is there any thing else I should be looking for as to why they are no longer working (i.e. fuse)

thanks

To remove the plastic side moulding for the seat memory controls, unscrew the one Philips screw that's fastened behind the seat. Then there's another Philips screw fastened underneath the seat. That's where it gets a bit tricky since it's a hard reach but it can be done with a small hand mirror and a short length Philips driver. After both screws are removed, the side moulding can then be removed. Verify that all electrical connectors for the memory controls are connected properly. Try unplugging and replugging them back in and see what happens.