Steering Wheel Tightness And Car Wondering Problem

mjnoles1

Ok, here is the problems I am having.

The steering wheel does not get tighter with the faster I go like it use to and also with highway speeds the car wonders from around 80mph and up. These two problems have been a big pain and really has taken away from the enjoyment of driving the car. I would be very thankful if someone could help me finally figure out why this is happening and I could finally get these two problems fixed for good.

Ok, here is the problems I am having.

The steering wheel does not get tighter with the faster I go like it use to and also with highway speeds the car wonders from around 80mph and up. These two problems have been a big pain and really has taken away from the enjoyment of driving the car. I would be very thankful if someone could help me finally figure out why this is happening and I could finally get these two problems fixed for good.

You have an IS300?

Oh, I could have sworn I saw LX 470 on your profile. :)

Anyway, there is a speed sensor involved in the power steering that needs to be checked out. Not sure exactly how that works. Wandering could be due to alignment or worn parts in the steering assembly. It sounds like you need to get that entire front end checked out. If we knew the year, maybe could find if there are any TSB's on that particular model.