Bluetooth Phones

Bronsteen

My Treo 650 works beautifully (Sprint version) after doing the 1.12 Updater that makes a number of changes to the bluetooth portion. Only think to remember is you have to 'unlock' the phone (the keyboard lock) for the bluetooth connect to occur. Then you can hit the talk button to shut off the screen again and you're all set.

Bill

Will any Bluetooth phones work with the 2005 GX? I am most wondering about Sprint’s new Treo 650. Thanks.

Bill

My Sprint 650 works great after doing the 1.12 Updater. Just remember when you get in the car to unlock the phone so it can make the connection. Then you can hit the end call button and shut the display off again.

Bill

• 2 years later...

I am in the process of looking for a new phone for my girlfriend who also owns a 2005 GX470. Our wireless carrier is Sprint Nextel and I would prefer to stay with them for my wireless services (I work for Sprint and get excellent discounts on phones and services).

Does anyone know if the new Palm Centro is compatible with the navigation system in this vehicle? I read on the PalmOne website that the Lexus Denso system is compatible with the Palm phones, but the Lexus Bluetooth compatibility tool doesn't show any old or new Palm products for Sprint, not to mention they don't show many of the new phones available either. I have looked at the other phones available and the only ones that are plausible are the Upstage by Samsung, the MOTORAZR v9m and the v3m. She likes the RAZR phones, but would like a PDA/Smartphone, and of course price of the phone matters too! Does anyone know if the MotoQ by Motorola is compatible and works well?

Thanks!

Bill