Glove Box Light '93 Ls400

terryesh

My glove box light does not come on when the headlight switch is on, which I understand is a requirement. I searched for bulb access and also the knowledge base for tips but to no avail.

Where is the bulb located, what is the model and type and how do you access it for replacement?

Thank you!

The bulb is located at the back of the box. It is recessed in the back. Get a flashlight, clean out the box, and it is very obvious. You need to remove the clear cover over the light. If you are handy, you can use a hooked pry to remove the cover, and replace the bulb. But I've found that to be nearly impossible without special tools, so the best way is to remove the glove box, which is quite easy. It is attached by screws on the upside. Unscrew them-tugging around will let you know where the screws are all located. Pull the box out, detach the clear cover on the light, and the receptacle will be loose. Replace the bulb, reinstall the receptacle into the box, reinstall the box, and all is peachy.

Funny thing is that I replaced the bulb a while back, all was well. 3 months ago, it went dead, and I've been unable to get it working again. No idea why. But when you think about it, our luxury car has one of the smallest glove boxes I've ever seen-It rivals a Subaru Justy in capacity. With the owners manual and some Kleenex in the box, the light is completely blocked. So I've let it ride. My only non-working light in the LS-but such is life. Best of luck.

actually the blove box light is very easy to change out.........

just get a small flathead screwdriver, wrap it in a cloth towel (as to not damage) and pry out the whole light assembly (starting from the bottom) once out you can pop off the lense, once in the lens if off, take some needle nose pliyers and pull the bulb straight out. wrap a cloth around the plyers and get a grip on the new bulb and insert it in the housing....simple as that.

it uses a small # 74 bulb....... you can get here....

http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm

i did this not to long ago when i put all new plasma white bulbs in all my interior bulbs. its a breeze, its just kinda hard to get to. but if you do it as i stated above you will have no problem