Decision With Body Kits

I have been looking at body kits for a good while now and have narrowed them down to 3 sets (not necessarily types) of body kits but need help picking out which one to go with (and which ones are discontinued?). Price is an issue but not so much between these 3. I'm looking into the Mac, L-Sportline, and Wald(Executive, Sport) kits but can't decide on a single one. In terms of asthetics, I like them all but I'm just worried about durability and a good fit. If any of you have the said body kits or know ppl who do please let me know your personal opinions on them. Thanks

Do you have pics of the Mac kit? I don't recall seeing it. L-Sportline has been discontinued. You may still be able to get a kit but the prices (I believe) went up recently for the remainder of stock. Like other US made kits, the L-Sportline is polyurethane so it is a little more durable than he JDM FRP o fiberglass. I know someone selling a full (used but in great condition) L-Sportline kit for 1500 if you are interested.

As for the Wald kits, they look very smooth. I personally have gone away from lip kits though so I've never considered the Walk kits. They do look nice though.

Do you have pics of the Mac kit?  I don't recall seeing it.  L-Sportline has been discontinued. You may still be able to get a kit but the prices (I believe) went up recently for the remainder of stock.  Like other US made kits, the L-Sportline is polyurethane so it is a little more durable than he JDM FRP o fiberglass.  I know someone selling a full (used but in great condition) L-Sportline kit for 1500 if you are interested.

As for the Wald kits, they look very smooth.  I personally have gone away from lip kits though so I've never considered the Walk kits.  They do look nice though.

Having trouble loading the link since its a dynamic page. but its at http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=883

Hard to say. The Mac Blick kit would give you the rare factor as I don't recall it on any "public" car. I like the L-Sportline because it is full replacement but since it was readily available for a few years, it is more common place. I like the Wald Exec too. For a lip kit, it is pretty nice and it is somewhat rare.

Personally, given the three, I'd go for the L-Sportline because I think full replacement kit has cleaner lines. You can always mold in the lip kits but I'd rather just get a full bumper. If you don't have this hang up, then the Wald would be a nice option.

thanks for the help. I'll give it thought. I've yet to see the L-sportline on the road actually but have been up close and personal with the Wald kit in a parking lot. needless to say i was in the parking lot for a while. I'm also interested in that kit you're friend was selling (Neo) and maybe if you could PM me with added details that would be helpful.

I'm also interested in that kit you're friend was selling (Neo) and maybe if you could PM me with added details that would be helpful.

Here is a pic of his car:

3146hood.jpg

The kit is $1500 + shipping.

I noticed you are in CA but can't tell if you are in the North, South, or both. :) He is in the North so you could potentially save on shipping. If your car is this color, then you will save a lot. If you don't then you will still save a little. I think the kit when new was around $1800. The kit is harder to come by new now though. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you into contact with him.

• 2 weeks later...

Neo,

Well confound it. Apparently I'm not cool enough to pm other members, lol. Sorry for the lag in response, it was just that i was originally planning on buying the kit part by part (cause daily expenses seem to add up quite exponentially) but 1500 is indeed a great deal for the kit. I just need to save up a little more money. I plan to save enough by end of december, though was unsure on a timescale that your friend would be selling his used body kit. If it would be still available I would be much much interested, perhaps even picking it up near the end of this month or beginning of next since I will be in San Jose til mid january. Just as clarification, what parts of the L-sportline kit does he have: I can see that he chose a different front grill, but was just wondering about the rest (3 piece spoiler, front bumper, rear bumper, roof spoiler, side skirt set). Once again, thanks for the offer and sorry for the lag.

Neo,

what parts of the L-sportline kit does he have

The sale only includes the Front and Rear bumpers, and the side skirts. He has it ot for sale but is not in a hurry. There have been offers for pieces but he is holding out to sell the whole thing at asking price. He will let it go when he gets the price he is asking and I don't know when he will start to entertain the parting of the pieces.

Just let me know when you are ready and I'll see where he is at. Email me:

neo.one@gmail.com