Help! Suggestions For Aftermkt Stereo '90 Ls400

You all helped me before with the installation kit I needed for my 90 LS400. Now I am having a heck of a time finding stereo that will 'fit'. I have went to all the typical stores, Best Buy, Circuit City, and have shopped on a few online sites. Everyone keeps telling me I need an oversize mount radio and that they don't have any that will fit in my car. I know the space is really wide where the existing stereo is, but won't the installation kit allow me to install a 'skinnier' radio in that slot?

Does anyone have any particular models of stereos they can recommend that they know will fit my car? I don't want to spend too much money, between $100-200 for now.

Thanks!!!!

Mia

What kind of kit did you get? The majority of installation kits accomodate a single din radio, which is the most common size. It sounds like you may of gotten a 1.5 or double din kit, in which case, all you need to do is purchase a single din kit for around $15-20.

I don't know because I removed everything (mids, sub, amp & HU) all at once and installed a new system in its place.

You'll lose sound because your sub amp isn't going to work with the new harness. Are you planning on running a new setup?

I don't know because I removed everything (mids, sub, amp & HU) all at once and installed a new system in its place.

You'll lose sound because your sub amp isn't going to work with the new harness. Are you planning on running a new setup?

ok gotcha.....

yeah thats what i figured

well i don't know i've been looking at different opitions.......she doesn't have a CD player, and to be honest its kinda getting annoying

........but u know me, i like the stock clean look, so i've put off adding an aftermarket HU... b/c of the cosmetic look

but now i might, i mean that SFX setup dosens't look bad, and maybe i can cover it in woodgrain vinyl or something to match, i don't know yet........but i also don't want to lose my sub either. so we'll see.......

in all reality i would like to just get an OE HU with a cd changer, and use plug and play method, but those dam* things are so expensive even know they are over a decade old.

Yeah, the stock look is very clean...if I had the Nakamichi HU I wouldn't of gone aftermarket...I was looking for better sound quality over my Pioneer.

If you really like the stock look and you're completely satisfied with the sound quality then you should try to find yourself a CD changer...just get the conversion cable to get it to work off of your stock HU. If you were add the cost of a new HU, wiring harness and mounting kit it would probally end up being more than the cost of a Lexus CD changer anyways. Plus you're going to have to find a way to get the HU to run the sub...more headaches.