Engine Failure - '99 Es300

coltonb

It's hard to imagine that upon hearing that removal of your car's oil pan shows oil sludge build-up and a collection of various mangled bearing parts one could be relieved, but....

The word just came in - Lexus will install a new engine, free of charge.

(the key here was that on steviej's suggestion back in august I had asked the dealer to check for sludge. They didn't find any, and noted it in my service history. This apparently made the need for oil-change history going back to the beginning of time unnecessary.)

This is exactly why you buy a Lexus - imagine anyone else replacing an engine with 125,000 miles on it. Though it sounds like this is not exactly an uncommon probelm. The tech at the dealer said he'd replaced more than 10 engines under this program in the past couple years....

It's hard to imagine that upon hearing that removal of your car's oil pan shows oil sludge build-up and a collection of various mangled bearing parts one could be relieved, but....

The word just came in - Lexus will install a new engine, free of charge.

(the key here was that on steviej's suggestion back in august I had asked the dealer to check for sludge. They didn't find any, and noted it in my service history. This apparently made the need for oil-change history going back to the beginning of time unnecessary.)

This is exactly why you buy a Lexus - imagine anyone else replacing an engine with 125,000 miles on it. Though it sounds like this is not exactly an uncommon probelm. The tech at the dealer said he'd replaced more than 10 engines under this program in the past couple years....

:cheers: u are one luck duck :cheers: