Interior Window Tail Light Help

hern

Hey there everyone,

The interior tail light inside the car at the window went out...Does anyone know how to open this thing up to get to the bulb to replace it? I searched all over the forum and everyone just has the easy tail lights to fix that are on the back in the trunk. How do you fix the one by the window on the back?

Thanks

hern, it would be a tremendous help if you clued us in on what year ES you have, either in your demographics or in a signature. I say this because the instructions for the different generation ES's are different.

You may also be searching on the wrong wording. The light in the window is not a taillight. It is the high mount brake light. Try searching on that and not taillight.

steviej

It is a 99 ES300...How do I get into it and install a bulb?

hern, it would be a tremendous help if you clued us in on what year ES you have, either in your demographics or in a signature.  I say this because the instructions for the different generation ES's are different.

You may also be searching on the wrong wording.  The light in the window is not a taillight.  It is the high mount brake light.  Try searching on that and not taillight.

steviej

kneel in the back seat facing out the back window.

grasp the plastic light housing/covering and pull towards you. It will need a good tug and then once it moves towards you, pry upwards on the end closest to you.

Be careful when doing this because there are only plastic tabs that are holding it in place and you don't want to break them. Once it comes loose, you can tilt it up to revieal the bulb. The bulb should just pull out of the socket.

When placing in the new bulb, hold it with a rubber glove or a tissue so that the oils from your fingers don't get on the glass. Replace the cover in the reverse order that you removed it.

steviej