Beach & Sand

whazzup

I am a new owner of a GX 470! Wahoo!! What a car (truck?).

Anyway, anyone with any experience on beach sand? I live in the Jersey Shore area and want to drive on the beach for fishing. Yes, I know it's a Lexus and not a 4Runner, but it is a great off-road vehicle.

I know about airing down, but am interested in what other people's experiences have been. Any mods for rod racks? I think I am going to get a rear rack for the hitch receiver.

I am a new owner of a GX 470! Wahoo!! What a car (truck?).

Anyway, anyone with any experience on beach sand? I live in the Jersey Shore area and want to drive on the beach for fishing. Yes, I know it's a Lexus and not a 4Runner, but it is a great off-road vehicle.

I know about airing down, but am interested in what other people's experiences have been. Any mods for rod racks? I think I am going to get a rear rack for the hitch receiver.

BTW, if you deflate your tires for the sand, you may notice a dash alarm for the tire pressure. This is a light within the area of your fule gauge. It will probably stay that way until you re-inflate your tires, and perhaps put a message in your auto computer regarding the condition. Just an FYI. :whistles: