Hesitation

vcv10guy

Well I'm glad I was able to help you, and thank you pgupta as well for bringing those topics to my attention too. Hmm...I might reset the ECU too. May as well I have nothing to lose (except my radio presets, haha). I was going to take apart the EGR valve and try to clean it this weekend, but apparently the gaskets for that part are a special order. Needless to say, Lexus said the part won't get here until Tuesday. I ordered the gaskets and I'll just give it to the Lexus technician instead. Ya I'm going to bring the car back to Lexus, but it's to replace the valve covers gaskets primarily and I'm taking it to another dealership. Luckily though my aunt knows the technician who works at that dealer and I spoke to him about it (he seems like a nice guy). I'm hoping *crosses fingers* the technician will listen to me and check the EGR as well as do other stuff along with the valve cover gaskets. I did clean the EGR filter though with some compressed air, but it didn't look any cleaner though <_< . I just used the compressed air they sell from Office Deport. Is that not effective enough to clean it?

Well I brought the car in and well apparently from the things they found wrong, it seems I should just get another car. Apparently my suspension is shot, and the engine has various leaks, and they really think it's the transmission that's causing the hesitation. Basically w/o the transmission, the grand total is about $2800 (that's including the discount the technician is giving me). With the transmission is oh... well probably twice the worth of the car. Bleh.... I'm hoping to get a call back, so I can find exactly where the leaks are and what in the transmission could be the cause. At this rate I may not be an ES300 owner for long :( What a month.... <_<

As far as the leaks go, the technician told me that my valve cover gaskets are fine, except that the circular plug seal or something is leaking (i forgot the name), but to be sure, he told he's going to put a die in the engine, so he can see where the leak is coming from for sure. Apparently though, when I get that circular plug seal thing replaced, the valve cover gaskets have to replaced too because it's a set deal. In order to replace that you have to replace this kind of thing. He told me to wait on getting that done though because he wants to see if there is any other major leaks that I should worry about first. Well the next things I need to worry about after the leaks are tires and struts. As far as the transmission goes, I'm going to talk to the previous owner and see if he can get the shop he had the tranny rebuilt at look at the transmission.

I highly doubt it's the PCV valve grommet because he used the words "seal" and "plugs" I think. I'll ask again tomorrow when I talk to him. I won't be getting the car until Monday though because it won't be ready until after 1pm and I'll be at work by then. I'm having the tranny flushed out as well.

:geek: I had the same problem with my ES300, 1992. The casu was the air intake hoose broken. After replacement it is perfect

I would suggest cleaning the ege as it sounds like it is having a problem moving the engagment valve to open and close ,alittle different from the 97 and ups since they are mainly contributed to their iacv for issues.

engagement valve?? forgive my n00bness, but i have never heard this term before...