2004 Es 330

NeiLtYmE

Getting few things replaced on my 96 so the dealership gave me a loaner. Second day with the car: The transmission problem is quite evident and it definetely needs a different kind of foot pattern which can easily be done. It is annoying as hell though. The car is slow. Increased engine size and HP is probably compensating for the increased weight of the car. i find my 96 much more peppy and fun to drive. Very smooth quiet and relaxing ride. Perhaps i am yet too young to be too detached from the road. i like the feeling sometimes, but also enjoy a little more thrill and feel of the road. The interior is beautiful and made of highest quality materials.

i feel no dissapointment in this car at all as i understand who lexus is going after in selling this car. People have the GS if they want all that more power and road feel.

One thing i do appreciate my car for more than ever is the integrity. Even after some 8+ years now the car is still looks new, rides like a dream, and i cant say i like the new one a whole lot better than mine. i am a very satisfied Lexus customer. Just thought i'd share my thoughts.

:cheers:

~Neil

I have an 04 and i've really enjoyed it. I does everything i expected of it, if i wanted pep and road feel i would have gotten the IS. I'm not sure what to make of all the transmission talk, it took a little while (two weeks maybe) to get the hang of the pedals, but i can drive it really really smooth.

You are correct, the interior is the best part of the car by far. I hoping it last as long and as well as yours sounds like it has.

I do have to admit that i'm driving the ES until the new GS comes out. ;)

Just my two cents.

Yeah the advent of the IS allowed Lexus to concentrate soley on luxury, theres nothing sporty about the new ES. I absolutely love mine, I like it more every mile I drive it. Its a great car, feels like something twice as expensive.

Getting few things replaced on my 96 so the dealership gave me a loaner.  Second day with the car:  The transmission problem is quite evident and it definetely needs a different kind of foot pattern which can easily be done.  It is annoying as hell though.  The car is slow.  Increased engine size and HP is probably compensating for the increased weight of the car.  i find my 96 much more peppy and fun to drive.  Very smooth quiet and relaxing ride.  Perhaps i am yet too young to be too detached from the road.  i like the feeling sometimes, but also enjoy a little more thrill and feel of the road.  The interior is beautiful and made of highest quality materials. 

i feel no dissapointment in this car at all as i understand who lexus is going after in selling this car.  People have the GS if they want all that more power and road  feel. 

One thing i do appreciate my car for more than ever is the integrity.  Even after some 8+ years now the car is still looks new, rides like a dream, and i cant say i like the new one a whole lot better than mine.  i am a very satisfied Lexus customer.    Just thought i'd share my thoughts. 

:cheers: 

~Neil

I'm with you, Neil. I like the feel on my 99 better than the 2003 that I drove. I love the interior of the newer model, but I like the feel of my 99 better. I'm glad I'm content - the last thing I need is to get myself into a higher car payment! :)

Most people don't realize the transformation that went into the 02 ES over the older models, it really is a vastly different car. Bigger, heavier, smoother, quieter. The older versions of the ES were actually pretty sporty in comparison. It really is designed to go after a different buyer. I for instance was never interested in the ES until I drove the 03, I had driven older ES' several times over the years and wasn't really considering it in my shopping (I was looking at the GS and used LS', Acura TL, Infiniti I35, Lincoln LS, BMW 5 series, A6) but when I drove the 03 ES it was just the perfect car, and really totally different than the ones I'd driven before.

I've actually heard several owners lament the fact that Lexus really doesn't have a entry sport luxury car to compete with the likes of the 3 series and Acura TL, the ES is too smooth and detatched and the IS isn't luxurious enough. Supposedly that'll be rectified in the next IS with a more traditional interior.

yeah, im not a big fan of the IS. It feels like a civic wrapped in leather and larger engine. I think they needed a bit more passion in that car. As i said.. i loved the 04, but it was a but too detached for my tastes. I definetely understand that the newer gens are completely different from the older ones. But i also saw so many similarities between the two. Though the New one is amazingly beautiful on the inside, the older ones are great looking too. All three gens have high qualiy materials for which the time no cars could own up to. both have amazing and quiet powertrain(more so the newer ones- which its weight being so much through heavy insulation) . Lexus has a different technique in marketing than say BMW would. Every single one of thier cars have to have balance between speed/luxury/performance. With lexus, they stick to one thing and target people who more so are favored to one over the other. I guess with this technique, its not exactly ganna make car and driver, but it those people who care for one type of a ride over another are gana be happier than hell. not to forget about thier bullet proof reputation.