Car Finishing

so i have a couple scratches thorughout various parts on my ES.... i was wondering whats the best way to cover these scratches up.......?

also i have a black es... and i was wondering if there is any wax out there that comes in black so it helps fill in some of the unevenness......?

thanks

Neil

ok i may not be up to speed on things but last i checked rubbing compound is for acrylic based single stage paints

if you use it on a clear coated es it will tend to dull the finish on the clear

a better way to do things would be use a clay bar get all the grit imbedded in the paint out first

then use mothers or meguires 3 step cleaner polish then wax

the first step cleans anything left behind by the clay bar which is a dull finish

and removes most swirls

then the polish which adds a deep glaze to ethe car especially on drker colours

then the good ol wax

the first is best if you have a high speed buffer as it can make a car look new

( i did it to a friends sc400 right before he was going to sell it , the next day he called to say he fell in love with it again as the car looked new with shimmering black paint)

the polish car be done either by a high speed or a orbital one

and the wax is anygood cloth not mechanical needed

just be careful as i have both types of buffers and the high speed can burn paint off in seconds if not done right

best left to porfessionals

\hope this helps

• 1 month later...

please...no offense to anyone who has a favorite brand of polish etc., but the absolute best commercially available product that i have found is Zymol. it has no petroleum base so it wont turn white in cracks or scratches. also has ultra fine clay in suspension used to fill scratches in fine wooden carriages in euro land as well as beeswax that heats up (activates) as you use it. this my friends is a great product. you will love the Z.